The "Great" Room

One of my favorite rooms in our house is our living room (I think Great Room is the official Realtor term though...)

I love the vaulted ceilings, the beams, the tall windows and general size of the room. We had a set of neutral couches that were in storage from the apartment days but the room was so big that we needed to purchase some more seating. I found the gray velvet chairs on Wayfair for $109 each, which I thought was a pretty good deal. They are VERY soft.

Rugs were something I've never had to buy before and in my opinion...they are a bit pricey. After weeks of hunting and finally telling myself that I wasn't going to find one under $100...I spied this one. It was literally in a BALL, shoved underneath a shelf at Ross. It was dusty and wrinkled. And $11.99.

So that was super exciting.

And it matches the neutral furniture perfectly! The walls were painted great colors already so I didn't need to do anything there.

The fireplace was originally brass and I found some copper high heat paint from Rustoleum. We were considering a new fireplace insert but the paint turned out perfectly...and we saved $300.





We also have a new mantel on it's way. It's more of a rustic look (see below). This one will go the entire length of the stone. I can't wait until that's in place.

Dogberry Collections Rustic Mantel Shelf, Aged Oak, 72"

I bought a few small pieces for the wall and the fireplace, but for the most part I had everything else in the room. I love the simple but elegant look of the space.

The only other things I'd do in this room is add a coffee table (which we are going to try to make) and paint the built in bookshelf a medium gray color. Both of those things will have to wait though...for now I love it.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl's Room

An Elegant Little Girl's Room

Kitchen Reveal