An Elegant Little Girl's Room

I have this thing where I can't post about a room until it's DONE. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen all that quickly which is why it's been a while since my last post. I'll try to work on it...but don't hold your breath.

That being said, I'm soooo excited with how the girl's room turned out. Most of the rooms in the house we bought had fresh paint (and in colors I would have chosen!) but a few of the bedrooms did not. This room was one of those rooms. The walls were a yellowed, off-white and it definitely needed a fresh coat of paint. Here is a picture of the room the day we began moving stuff in.


My awesome mom helped me paint the room a soft gray and the trim got a fresh coat of bright white as well.

I found this dresser at the Habitat for Humanity Restore for $40! I love the unique look of it so I took it home. I painted it with Valspar's furniture paint which I hadn't used before. I was really impressed with the quality of paint and how easily it went on. After two quick coats it was ready for their room. My color theme for their room was pink, gray, and gold.


We decided on a bunk bed (not the one from my original post) and it came in about 4,298 pieces. It took me 7 hours to put that stinking thing together! I've told the girls that they will be using the bed until they walk down the aisle and they seem to be okay with that which is excellent. Here's a picture of their room after I finally got all the pieces out of the boxes.



The bed (finally) was put together and I could work on the finishing pieces for the room. I found two pieces of digital art on Esty (the prints in the pink frames) that I loved. One is a Shakespeare quote and the other a nice reminder for the girls that they are a child of God. I know it's just a bedroom, but I hope they feel inspired and capable of anything while they're in it.
 


I found this cute craft cart where I'm storing some of their books and these adorable baskets that I nailed to the wall to store their craft supplies in. We have a play room in this house so their bedroom doesn't have too many toys in it. I wanted it to be a clutter free zone and the built in storage in the bed helps with that.




The gold dots on the wall are removable stickers! They were from Amazon and only $8. I think they add a little touch of whimsy...

The gold print right in the doorway was from Ross. The colors went with the room perfectly and I thought it went with the overall theme of growing up to do great things.

All in all I love the way the room turned out. The only thing that isn't complete is the light fixture. The fan is a little too close to the top bunk so we are replacing it with a flush mount light fixture...but we haven't quite gotten it installed...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl's Room

Kitchen Reveal