Guest Room Reveal

Both of our families are coming for Thanksgiving this year which means I'm feeling a push to get our guest rooms ready for visitors.

Today's post is about our downstairs guest room. It was fairly quick to do and I found some great deals which I'm excited to share.

I didn't have a before picture of when we moved in, but here is the photo from Zillow if that helps. The walls were a yellowed beige...which matched the trim. I like trim to stand out a bit and this color wasn't doing it.


I painted the walls Grayish (A Sherwin Williams color) but with Valspar paint. It only required one coat and took two hours. I rained all day here...which meant the morning's soccer games were canceled and we had plenty of time to focus on this room.


I found that piece of art between the windows at Target last week and while I wasn't sure where I wanted to put it...I knew I loved it. It was on clearance at 75% off and was only $11.99! I also knew that I needed two sets of curtains for this room. I went by Ross and TJ Maxx and couldn't find anything I liked. Plus, I would still need to spend about $40.00 for two pairs! I decided to check out my favorite thrift store yesterday and I found two matching pairs!! They were silk, and fully lined (way nicer than the ones at Ross) and were the exact color I was wanting! Also-they were $6.00 for all four! When I brought them home I realized they matched PERFECTLY will the artwork from Target. It was meant to be.


We already had the wicker furniture and the bed. The desk we found at an auction for $21.00. Since it's a guest room, I put a crate of towels on the desk. No one wants to go hunting for towels in someone else's house right?!

The comforter was our first comforter when we got married. I've hung on to it because it's a solid piece and matches with a lot of different things. It came with a pillow sham that I've never liked but always kept. Today I decided to cut it up and make it into art. These embroidery circles were at the thrift store for $1.00 and I used the fabric from the pillow sham to turn them into some over the bed wall art.


We went to a yard sale this morning and found this cross. Love it and it was $1.00!


I did replace the ceiling fan. For one thing, it was too big for the room...and it was pretty dated. I found this one at Lowes for $55.00. It was the hardest thing ever to put together. It took John and I almost two hours! But hey...it's done. 

I love the way this room turned out! Stay tuned for a post about me tackling our next guest room!

Breakdown of costs for this look:

  • Wall decor: $14.00
  • Curtains: $6.00
  • Paint: $25.00
  • Desk: $21.00
  • Ceiling Fan: $55.00 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl's Room

An Elegant Little Girl's Room

Kitchen Reveal